Saturday, June 6, 2009

Turning 27

Yes, I turned 27 today. I totally feel like I'm getting older. Wait, I am getting older....but 27 seems older, you know!? It wasn't depressing or anything, even though Keith gives me grief about my age. (He has no room to talk, he's 31.) I had a wonderful birthday this year; my first birthday as a mother. I wanted to have a cake this year, so I was planning on just baking my own, but Keith managed to deter me from that task. It was nice that he didn't have school today, so we went for a morning swim. Later, we went to Red Lobster for dinner, yum yum, where they even sang to me while presenting a great little ice cream treat complete with a candle. When we got home, Keith surprised me (why do I ever doubt him?) with my favorite cake in the whole wide world...carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Oh, it was amazing. He even took time to light the 27 candles and of course, he serenaded me with a great rendition of, what else...Happy Birthday. The next night, we went out to Hard Rock Cafe with some friends from school, where I was embarassed again by the waiter that proceeded to announce my birthday to the entire restaurant, who then proceeded to shout "Happy Birthday" back to me...good times!
Spending my birthday with my two favorite guys!Yes, that is 27 candles! Wow!At the Hard Rock with friends.

No comments: