1. Rounding off the top of my list is......Keith's crazy clinical schedule. (See post directly below this one for further explanation.) We have had to learn to be flexible (that is really not even the right word to describe it!), to expect that he will be on-call when we make plans, and that his pager is REALLY loud!
2. Next up.....A trip to Dominica?! Yes, Keith is going to Dominica in two weeks to give a few presentations about the Falcon review course he took. It is a great opportunity for him to gain valuable presentation experience and to network :-) Falcon is paying for everything, food, fun, plane tix, hotel, ect, ect. You may wonder, 'Lesley, don't you feel left out that you don't get to go?' Ahh....I could have gone, all expenses paid, even. But, when we thought about taking Stryder with us....ummm too many nightmares to handle. There are other issues with me going on the trip.... which brings me to my next item:
3. School. Not Keith's school this time. Mine. I am going to Kent State University completing my Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. It is a great program, but it keeps me so busy. I have more homework than ever and I fear getting behind and having to play catch up. Not a fun game! So I am constantly reading textbooks, doing research, and studying in an effort to succeed. I am also taking Organic Chemistry online through UC Berkeley. I am convinced this class will be the end of me....if I ever make it through. But to my surprise I got a 94 on my assignment about Markovnikov's Rule and how alkenes react with other molecules.
4. I got a new job! I was offered a fill-in position in the school district here working as a school nurse serving grades K-12. It is part-time and will most likely last for a few months. Yes, I am still working per diem as a health coach/educator for corporate companies. I worked a couple events last week. Now Keith introduces me as "the breadwinner." Ha ha.
5. My son. I'm beginning to wonder how early the doc's can diagnose ADD. He doesn't ever sit still. He is hyperactive. I chase him around the house all day. He insists on playing in toilet water and eating potted plants. Baby Einstein doesn't even keep his interest. AND he is the joy of my life! I love seeing him each morning, as he greets me with a big smile, jumping up and down in his crib. I am glad to have such an active (or hyperactive) little boy that wants to explore everything life has to offer!
7. Last, but not least, my few hobbies. Hmm. Hobbies...does watching Glenn Beck everyday count? It's kind of a daily thing that my dad and I watch Glenn's show on Fox News. I will refrain from posting anything political in nature, but I will say that I do have in interest in following politics and keeping current on issues that we face as Americans today. Glenn Beck can decipher and explain things in a common sense, no-nonsense kind of way. (He is also the #2 most favorite tv personality.) Other hobbies....taking hot baths. Very nice. Oh so relaxing. And that is about all I can squeeze into my life at the moment!
So, when I have some free time, I will try to keep up our blog. (Try, being the operative word!)
So, when I have some free time, I will try to keep up our blog. (Try, being the operative word!)







No comments:
Post a Comment