Saturday, March 27, 2010

Gender Bender

YES, that's right.  It's a BOY!  We knew pretty early on that it was a boy, but decided to wait until our 20 week ultrasound to announce it.  I am very very happy to welcome another little boy into our family so soon.  I have a lot to be grateful for.  After I found out, I have become obsessed with daydreaming about my what life will be like with two little boys.  These are some of the things I'm excited for:

  1. For my two boys to be so close in age (only 17 months apart!) and be best friends!
  2. To dress my boys alike.....Come on, I HAVE to do this when they are young!
  3. To watch them play together--trucks, trains, planes, whatever it may be!
  4. To watch Keith teach them manly-boy-stuff, including but not limited to hunting, fishing, camping, etc!
  5. To sew endless badges onto their scouting uniforms!
  6. To teach them to always be there for each other, no matter what.
  7. For them to show me frogs they catch and bring home.
  8. To scrub the dirt off them after they catch these frogs!
  9. To be a soccer mom, swimming mom, little league mom, football mom, whatever the sport may be!
  10. To teach them how to ride their bikes and kiss their scraped knees "all better"!

 

I know that Stryder will love his little brother. We ask him where the baby is and he points to my belly button :-)  Now, we have the tasks of weening him off his bottle, somehow getting him to sleep throughout the ENTIRE night, and making his binky disappear before baby bro comes....Stay tuned!  I've got my work cut out for me on this one!

2 comments:

Draper's said...

Yeah!! Boys are the best!! Get ready for all the wrestling, car noises and sports. Love it!!

Michigan Roys said...

What about potty training? That can wait... You will have to get the the Hardy Boys books because... well, just because it has two brothers in it. Ben loves those books. Oh, Ben sewed his own badges on so maybe you won't have to do that :-)