Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Air Show, Bratfest, Marathon, BBQ, Karaoke, Drums!


Our Memorial Day weekend was lovely!  There was so much going on, I feel exhausted just thinking about it.  It is sure great having a husband how is almost a doctor.....we love the perks :-)  One such example is we had the opportunity to go to the Air Fest, an awesome airshow featuring the Canadian Snowbirds and Wisconsin Thunderbirds as VIP's with the hospital Keith it at. 
We took my dad with us for the show on Saturday.  It was sure hot, but fun nonetheless.  Stryder loved seeing the airplanes, although I would recommend ear plugs for any child seeing a show like this.  Some of the F-16's were quite loud :-)
We also took our friends, Jeff and Nicole.  They have a cute little boy about a year older than Stryder and Jeff is a doctor himself!  (Having just graduated from Vet School).   It was lots of fun to go with friends. 
Of course, my husband, who can strike up a conversation with a tree branch, started talking to the pilots and crew.  These guys were based at Hill Air Force Base in Utah.  Funny ;-)
I couldn't resist a close-up pic!
We were all smiles; Stryder especially.
The next day, my mom and brother ran the Madison Marathon.  We attempted to see them cross the finish line, but it was complete MADNESS when we got up by the Capitol where they finish.  They were handing out free sandwiches and even beer, yes beer, to the runners, so needless to say it was one crazy atmosphere.  There were so many people and it was sooooo hot that they ended up cancelling the marathon at the 4 hour mark (which means you can continue at your own risk, but you won't receive an official time.)  Keith and I both decided that maybe next year, we will do the half marathon---if the weather stays cool, that is.
So after my mom and brother had a chance to rest for the afternoon, we all headed off to BRATFEST!  Ahh....only in Wisconsin do they sell brats for a buck and a half and you can buy fried cheese curds by the bucket.  It was great fun and I think we even helped set the record by consuming a total of 11 brats.  Above is the picture of us by the Weinermobile, but we weren't there for the hot dogs!
After you purchase your brats, you head over to one of the many "Condiment Tents" to dress your brat.  Relish, onions, brat sauce, you name, they got it.
And just to illustrate just how bad of parents we are, Stryder ate: one full brat, funnel cake with strawberries, blue and pink cotton candy, and even a few sips of Cherry Coke.  Of course, we all pigged out on this stuff!
For Memorial Day, we got together with our friends, Brittany and Shane and Jeff and Nicole, for a BBQ and karaoke party.  Shane played the drums while we sang.  I especially loved Keith's rendition of Rascal Flatts dedicated to me :-)  Stryder wanted in on the action, so he decided he would play the drums, too.  He loved it and was a natural!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love your cute family :) I'm glad I still get to keep up on what you are doing even though we don't like across the street from each other anymore!