We finally blessed our little boy blue on August 9th, 2009 in Murray, Utah. This day was so special for us, as Stryder was already more than four months old and "overdue" for his birth blessing. We decided to bless him (with special permission of course) in Keith's home ward, where his dad now attends church. We wanted both our families to be there with us for this occasion, which is the main reason for this decision to bless him in Utah this summer. It was perfect since Keith's family lives there already and my family was already there for their annual summer visit. This was also very special for us, as Keith was blessed in the same church and belonged to this ward when he was growing up until we got married. 
The blessing that Keith gave Stryder was so beautiful, and I know it was especially for him. I am grateful for a worthy husband and to his parents that instilled good values in him. I am also grateful that Stryder has a wonderful example in Keith to look to as he grows up. I know Keith will teach him what it means to be a respectful gentleman. Seeing the circle of relatives surround him during the prayer made me thankful for my belief in the eternity of families. It also made me wish even more that I could have known Keith's mother, JoAnn. I am certain Stryder knew her and that thought makes me glad. He is a lucky little boy to have so many people that love him.
We had lots of fun with photos on this day. I love these black and whites I took of Stryder . They are so timeless and classic and show that he is such a happy and inquisitive baby.


Keith's dad was generous enough to lend us him home for an open house after the blessing, and my wonderful sister-in-law, Steph, offered to help with the refreshments. The open house was just perfect, with kids playing in the yard, tasty treats to eat, and good company to enjoy. We were so happy to see many of our friends, family, and loved ones come to give their well wishes to our baby boy.
The Windley/Butterfield side of the family.
All the Harrop Boys.
Father and son.
The Great Grandma's.....Great Grandma Dixie and Great Grandma Barker.
Some of the Aunts and Uncles-Mikkal, Em and Kris, Stacy, and Jeremy. (Sorry for those of you not pictured---I really tried to get everyone.)
The Cousins, minus little Abigail (who is pictured below.)
Cousins Stryder and Abigail, born just a month apart with their mommies and Papa.
Keith and Stryder with our good friend, John, and Baby Chase. Chase and Stryder were born less than 24 hours apart; I hope they can be good friends, just like their fathers. We were so happy to see them and meet their cute little boy!
My mom got Stryder the cutest little white outfit and baby shoes for his blessing. She also sewed him an heirloom blanket, which was made of soft white fleece and lace trim. I wish I had the talent she had....this was a sentimental gift that we will cherish for years to come. 
I handstitched JoAnn's ring in the corner of the blanket, in remembrance of her.
These are the blessing announcements I made while we lived in Miami. They turned out so cute. 

After the blessing and open house, we played outside with Stryder and spent time with Keith's family. It was great to enjoy the sunshine on that Sunday. I really am so blessed on this special Blessing Day. 
These are the blessing announcements I made while we lived in Miami. They turned out so cute. 








1 comment:
Those are great pictures of his blessing. Your mom is very talented. My Aunt Joann was an amazing person who I love and miss, I wish you could have met her!!
Post a Comment