Thursday, December 10, 2009

HOLY SNOW!


For those of you who don't know much about Wisconsin winters....you're in for a little lesson!  This picture above is the snow from one night and one night only!  It equals out to about 17 inches of snow.  You can see from the picture above that the snow is almost reaching the top of the trampoline in our backyard.  It also covered every square inch of the patio furniture.  I'm no longer dreaming of a White Christmas. 

This picture above is of our mailbox.  Can you spot it???  It is circled in the picture, but it still is barely visible.  We had to dig it out to receive our mail....and I bet you are wondering how those little wussy mail trucks get around these snowbound parts?!  Well, they trade in their little mail trucks for four-wheel drive jeeps and get our mail to us that way!  The picture below is our basketball hoop, frozen solid and packed full with snow. 

My wonderful helpful husband got right up in the morning and went to shovel the snow in his pajama pants and mismatched gloves.  We don't have any of his snow gear out here, to my dismay, he stayed out for THREE HOURS snowblowing and shoveling in just his pajama pants.  I couldn't believe it!  Both my parents went out and shoveled, too, and it really did take the three of them THREE FULL HOURS of snowblowing, shoveling, heaving and ho-ing to clear just our driveway and our walks.
 Here is my handsome husband hard at work....

Stryder watched Daddy from the warmth and comfort of the inside the home...


Stryder was looking outside so intently that I decided to take him outside to play in the snow.  We even have the cutest snowsuit for him.  He really didn't know what to think of the snow, though.  But he really did end up liking it.


I also had to get pictures of all the snow-removal personnel with Stryder.....
Here is Grandpa and Stryder:

Here is Grandma and Stryder:

Here is Daddy (with his eyes closed) and Stryder:

Finally, me and my son:

I am also going to tell you a bit on how bitterly cold it is here!  The wind is literally bone-chilling.  I have never felt anything like it in my life.  I don't remember it being like this when I grew up here, but maybe I just didn't have anything to compare it to.  Utah winters are mild compared to Wisconsin.  Oh, how I long for "just a chance of flurries" instead of "expect 17 inches by morning."  But, you gotta love whatever experiences life dumps on you overnight! 

5 comments:

TEISHA said...

WOW!!!! That is a ton of snow. It looks like you had fun:)
Thanks for visiting us while you were here!

Michigan Roys said...

We are in for quite the transition if Michigan is anything like Wisconsin - which I'm pretty sure it is. Oh bother! But you're right, we'll just love the new experience and that's that.

Congrats on the rotations too! How exciting!

M. Drape said...

Wow!! I was reading your post and felt very warm here in Utah. 17 inches in one night, that is a ton.

Matt said...

Yikes...

The Larson's said...

Holy snow is right! That is so crazy! I will stop complaining about the Utah snow. Stryder is so cute in his snow outfit.

Hope you all are doing well!