Ok folks....here it is....the monthly update of the more really real reality of our lives. And its only about 2 weeks late...SORRY! I have been thinking about what to write about this month. I guess I want center around the theme of growth. Self-reflection. Continual learning. Developing as a person. You get the idea, right?! Keep reading to get to the point of my post.
First, I'll begin with the med school update for all you curious kids. Keith, my studiously focused husband, has been hold up in our basement day and night, reviewing and studying the material for Step I. We only see him for meals and when he needs a refill of Wal-Mart brand flavored water. (It's the best!) I see his drive, his desire, his determination. It is really admirable to me. Right now, he plans on taking the test soon so the time is fast approaching that he will finally be able to show this bad boy what he's really made of. It will take another 3 weeks after he takes the boards to get his results back. I will keep you all posted of course on the progress of this matter as it, well, progresses!
In continuing on with the topic of higher education.....I will be a student again come this January. I got accepted into Kent State University's RN to BSN program! I am still in the process and applying to a few other programs, so I can make the best decision for our circumstance at this time. But I am very excited about going back to school and making my nursing degree even more marketable. Kent State was able to transfer in tons my of credits from BYU (except the religion classes, which is lame since they were some of my most challenging cirriculums!) and tons of credits from my RN program, as well. I love learning....this is something that Keith and I share, plus our passion and love for health and medicine. Keith has been very supportive in my desire to gain more education and I appreciate his encouragement greatly.
We're Traveling again.....as we intend to take a long trip to Utah to visit family for a couple weeks in mid-November. We will be there over Thanksgiving, which will be nice, since we miss it dearly and we have a new nephew to meet (and a second cousin)!!! If any of you people that follow our blog are in Utah, we would love to see you too! I am so much looking forward to Thanksgiving with Keith's family and for Stryder to enjoy daddy's side of the family, too. I miss my In-Laws! (No, they do not read our blog, so I'm not just saying that.) We will miss Kris and Em (and precious little Abi) but we plan on taking a trip to see them in the future, when we get things figured out schedule-wise. We also plan on making our way to visit my grandparents, siblings, and cousins on both sides, as well. I can't wait! Cafe Rio....here I come!
Stryder started swimming lessons yesterday. He loved it so much! He is one of the youngest kids in his class but does great in the water. He will splash and kick and make waves like a pro. Of course, the instructor sang "Wheels On The Bus" and taught us different ways to hold our little swimmers. Stryder was a bit more squirmy than the other kids, I think because he has no fear of the water. His lessons are at the same place that I took lessons and swam on the swim team, so it brought back alot of nostalgia for me. Even the old pool record board was there, but unfortunatley my rely record from 9 years ago was broken by new swimmers that have come and gone. It is like a full circle moment for me. How funny it is that life just keeps on keeping on, you know?!
Miscellaneous items: My jobs are going well lately. I plan to post some interesting pictures and stories of my most recent trip to the Army Base where I gave about 200 shots to servicemen. (It was a really cool experience....I promise I'm working on a good post for it!) I find that I am quite busy with my church calling too. My mom helped encourage me to use creative sharing times for Primary and I have been working on getting those ready this week. Institute class is going great, too. My teacher is actually coming out with a book very soon; he has great experiences to share and comes with a load of wisdom. I was able to get together with some friends of mine from high school recently. We all have children now and it is fun to see their families grow, and it was great to visit and see our kids interact. Another full circle moment.
Fall has set in and the leaves are brilliant. Were brilliant. They have mostly all shed and let me tell you, there are alot of leaves when you live in the forest! I went out the other day to help my parents rake them up and I nearly broke my back. See the thing is that in Wisconsin the leaves pile up and cover EVERY square inch of your yard. So the city lets you pile them on the curb and they come by with their nifty monster hose and vacuum up all the leaves, as long as they are on the curb, mind you. The only problem is that you never know when or what time the leaf-clean-up-crew is coming around (it is only twice a season), so you just have to hope that all you hard work doesn't get blown away with a gust of wind and scatter the leaves all over again. I took Stryder out in the leaves and and he wasn't quite sure what to make of them! That is another post in the making...I promise!
In conclusion, I just wanted to state a few words on a theme that has been on my mind for some time now. I think of the things that are happening in my life lately and many of them have to do with growing as a person. I have come to really try to give service when needed and when possible. I have a wonderful example of that in my parents. I also am more aware of the things I watch and listen to. I am not sure what has brought this heightened awareness about, other than just perpetual development and self-improvement. There is much to be said on taking the high road in situations that may be awkward or uncomfortable, even if the other party does not. I have also found that genuine friendliness can go along way :-) I hope that all of my readers know how much I, we, value their friendship, support, and love. Until next time.....when all the drama of Soap Opera Sunday returns to a blog near you.







2 comments:
I love your update! You guys are a darling family!! I am bummed we won't be here over Thanksgiving to see you. I bet everyone is super excited to see you guys!!
Wow! You have alot going on. Congrats on being acceptd to school. I'm glad you can go see family. That is the best. Wave to ID for us.
Post a Comment