Halloween this year was great! I especially love Halloween since Keith and I met at a costume party, at Utah State called the Howl. He was a handsome pilot and I was a sexy sergeant, and it really was love at first site. It is hard to believe that it was 5 years ago this Halloween that we met each other. Ah, the nostalgia!
We always try to have some sort of themed costumes. I was really racking my brain on what we could be this year, especially since we have our little Stryder to consider! I came up with the best characters from the Wizard of Oz, and I think it was a great fit for our family. (We are minus the Tinman, but who really cares about him anyway, right? He is kind of a static character in my opinion.) My mom and I handmade the costumes (except Stryder's Lion costume---it was a bargain) and they turned out so good. People at the church Halloween party couldn't believe they were homemade costumes.
I'd Be Brave As a Blizzard!
Our little lion loved all the candy he got. The M&M's make good rattles and keep him entertained. Maybe next year he will get to enjoy his candy more :-)
I'd Be Clever As a Gizzard!
This has to be the most handsome scarecrow ever, and this one actually has a brain! If The Wizard Was a Wizard...
We were all smiles in our costumes! I love my little lion and of course I think that blonde Dorothy's have more fun!
There's No Place Like Home!
Here are my ruby slippers that my mom and I made. They turned out so cute and I'll totally wear them again with jeans or whatever. So cute and perfect for a stylish Dorothy!
Lions and Tigers and Bears.....Oh My!
Stryder was all ready to go trick-or-treating with his pumpkin pail. So he kissed Grandma goodbye and we were off into the Halloween night. We went to two of our neighbor's houses and saw the firetruck, too!
We're Not In Kansas Anymore!
The local firetruck was driving around our neighborhood....and Stryder was loving it! They stopped and gave us some candy and said our costumes looked just like the movie. We must be in the Land of Oz!
I'll Get You My Pretty....and Your Little Dog, Too!
We even had our little dog, Maddie, stand in for Toto. We were able to get one good picture with her in it....she completely hates her leash and usually just roams around our yard aimlessly. So I didn't even try putting her in a basket!
The scarecrow is one of my favorite characters from the Wizard of Oz. He is rather witty, for not having a real brain. He cracks jokes and is such a fun part of Dorothy's journey to Oz.
Somewhere Over The Rainbow!
We will always remember our first Halloween as a family of three! Until next year......



















4 comments:
Awesome costumes. What a cute family!
REally super cute! Maybe we can be neighbors some day and you can make all our costumes! Looks like you are having lots of fun together! I love the way you wrote it up too, pulling in things from the movie.
Way too cute!! I love it!!!
Great costumes. You guys look great and Stryder is so cute!
Post a Comment